Flugz Advanced Hearing Protection – BushWear UK
BushWear is the UK’s most popular stalking clothing, footwear and equipment supplier, stocking all the major brands: Meindl, Harkila, Primos, Jack Pyke, Swedteam, Napier, and many more. BushWear will be exhibiting at The British Shooting Show 2017 for the very first time. Among the products that you will be able to purchase on the stand will be Flugz advanced hearing protection.
New to the UK market, Flugz advanced hearing protection use an innovative and user-friendly moulding system, the Flugz are heated in a microwave for 40 seconds until flexible, then placed in your ear canal to mould perfectly to your unique contours. This ensures a perfect fit to block harmful sound waves from reaching your eardrum and makes the plugs exceptionally comfortable to wear all day. Flugz carry a Noise Reduction Rating of 21 decibels whilst still allowing you to hear low frequency sounds clearly and effectively, simultaneously remaining in place for hours without discomfort. Packaged in a handy, microwavable container, Flugz can be remoulded multiple times and are completely re-usable.
- Open and Prep – Peel open, remove and throw away metal lid. Secure one flugz earplug by inserting the lanyard post into the holder on the bottom of the cup. This will ensure it is heated evenly in the microwave. Note: the metal rim cup is microwave safe.
- Heating – With only one earplug inserted in the microwave safe cup, fill the cup to the ledge with room temperature water. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 30 secnds. Caution: DO NOT microwave the earplugs by themselves without water.
- Warm Flugz – Pour the hot water out of the cup. The earplug will be wet and slightly tacky. Carefully remove the earplug and hold it by the lanyard post. Blow of the excess water before inserting into ear. Note: The Flugz earplug material will slightly deform and lose some of its original shape when heated. This is normal.
- Inserting Flugz Earplug – To insert the Flugz earplug, reach over your head and pull up on your RIGHT ear with your LEFT hand. Open your jaw. While holding the RIGHT (RED) earplug by the lanyard post with your RIGHT hand, insert the earplug into your eatr canal. Press on the lanyard post to help guide the earplug into your ear canal. Once the earplug is in your ear canal, let go of your RIGHT ear and close your jaw and IMMEDIATELY move to STEP 5. Note: Illustration shows the RIGHT ear. Orient the Flugz earplug as shown, with the curved portion oriented UP.
- Forming Flugz earplug – Once the earplug is inserted into your ear canal, continue to press and mold to your ear lobe as shown. Once you feel the earplug is formed, hold in place for 30 seconds. Let the earplug cool in your ear for an additional 90 seconds. Note: The molded earplug will take on the shape of your ear and will no longer have the original shape or appearance.
- Cooling Flugz Earplug – Remove the Flugz earplug from your ear and let cool for an additional 5 minutes before placing back into your ear. Continue STEPs 1–6 for the opposite earplug. Note: If you can still see the original indentations from the unformed earplug, it may not have been formed well enough to your ear. Move on to the re-heating instructions if you feel you need to try forming the earplug again.
- Lanyard Instructions – Press the lanyard loop directly down onto the lanyard post of the Flugz earplug, twisting back and forth slightly. Cleaning Instructions: Your Flugz earplugs may become soiled with regular use. This will prevent the earplugs from creating a perfect seal in the ear. Simply use a mild soap and lukewarm water to clean soiled or dirty earplugs. Lightly pat dry with a cloth.
- Re-Forming Instructions – If you are no longer getting a perfect fit, you can re-heat and re-form the earplugs as often as necessary. Fill the microwave safe cup up to the ledge with water and microwave uncovered for 30 seconds WITHOUT the earplugs in the cup. Using the lanyard, dip an earplug into the hot water for 10–15 seconds. This will heat and soften the outer material enough to re-form to your ear. you may need to mold the material slightly if it has been pressed away from the core. Blow off the esxcess water and re-form to your ear.
Flugz earplugs Key featutres
- Completely re-usable
- Moulds to your ear canal
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Flugz Advanced Hearing Protection £24.99
BushWear UK will be exhibiting at the British Shooting Show 2017, Gunmakers Hall 3, Zone 30.