New! Aimpoint® Micro S-1 – Optimized for shotguns!
The Aimpoint Micro S-1 is a high quality, rugged and lightweight sight, which is paramount for the entire Micro series. The mount is carbon fibre reinforced and integrated in the housing. It positions the sight extremely low on the rib and the optical axis is by far the lowest among the sights ever produced by Aimpoint.
Interchangeable adapter plates are included to suit most popular shotgun rib sizes. The big, bright 6 MOA red dot provides an optimal combination of target acquisition speed and visibility. The light intensity settings can be adapted for bright skies as well as poor light conditions. With the new Aimpoint Micro S-1 you can greatly enhance your hit percentage!
- Versatile optic for all shotgun applications
- Available in 6 MOA dot size
- Higher maximum light intensity settings for bright sky conditions
- Low integrated and carbon figre reinforced rib mount
- Low optical axis
- Interchargeable base plates to accommodate most rib sizes (6–12 mm)
- Lightweight, compact and fully enclosed protective housing
- Possible for full zeroing to customize the point of impact
Evaluated in a test study
In April 2017 Aimpoint conducted a study where the Aimpoint Micro S-1 optimized for shotguns was used by two out of four groups. At the end of the event, the participants completed the two practical shotgun tests of the Swedish hunters’ exam to see the advantages of using the Micro S-1. The test groups that used the Micro S-1 had a 24% higher success rate than those who completed the same test but who had trained without this Aimpoint sight. In general, the conclusion of the study was that the Aimpoint Micro S-1 is an especially valuable tool:
- If the shooter is cross-eye dominant
- When the shooter has problems making contact with the target
- To get a proper cheek weld on the stock
- Providing a reference point
- For the shooting instructor